Ruby is a language released by Yukihiro Matsumoto in 1995 that bills itself as "a programmer's best friend". Every aspect of Ruby is designed to make programming easier for the developer. Ruby also serves as the foundation for Ruby on Rails, a popular web framework that powers over 1.2 million websites worldwide.
Disclosure: Coursesity is supported by the learners community. We may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase via links on Coursesity.
Top Ruby on Rails Courses and Tutorials List
- The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course
- Learn to Code with Ruby
- Dissecting Ruby on Rails 5 - Become a Professional Developer
- Comprehensive Ruby Programming
- Professional Ruby on Rails Developer with Rails 5
- Ruby Programming for Beginners
- Learn Ruby on Rails from Scratch
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails Starter
- One-stop Ruby on Rails: Build Web Applications from Scratch
- Ruby Fundamentals
- Building Ruby Gems
- Ruby Fundamentals
- Ruby On Rails For Web Development
Learn to make innovative web apps with Ruby on Rails and unleash your creativity
With this Ruby on Rails course, you will learn about:
- Learn Ruby on rails course programming from scratch; writing your first program to say "Hello World" to Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
- Rails 4 & 5 using both cloud-based Integrated Development Environment and local development environments
- Local installation and development options made available for both Macs and Windows machines
- Git for version control, Github as code repository, Heroku for production deployment
- Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality, multi-tenancy using Milia
- Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
- Ruby on Rails MVC structure in-depth - models, views, controllers
- Design and conceptualization using wire-framing tools
- Building authentication systems from scratch at first using the default Rails stack, including admin feature, log in/logout and signup.
- Bootstrap and materialize CSS for UI styling
- Build fully automated test suites by writing unit, functional and integration tests
- Learning database migrations: One-to-many, many-to-many association implementation with Rails using Active Record
This ruby on rails course takes a very structured approach of teaching Rails starting with Ruby - the programming language behind Rails. Everything from "Hello World" to Object Oriented Programming is covered. You will acquire skills rapidly; utilizing homework assignments, quizzes, coding exercises and free web based resources to go with the video lectures. The text lectures also provide reference material after each video, it's like having multiple books in addition to the videos to guide students through the course.
A comprehensive introduction to coding with the Ruby programming language. Complete beginners welcome!
In this ruby on rails course, you will:
- Code in the Ruby programming language
- Utilize common objects like strings, arrays, and hashes
- Solve popular coding challenges with Ruby
This ruby on rails course covers topics about installation and configuration for both Mac OS and Windows systems, common programming concepts (variables, arithmetic, output), objects and methods, strings, numbers, booleans, ranges, arrays, hashes, blocks, procs, and lambdas, dates and times, file input and output, regular expression, classes, modules, and inheritance.
Don't simply follow a tutorial, learn what it really takes to become a pro Rails developer with this immersive course.
With this ruby on rails course, you will:
- Build a professional Rails application.
- Deploy a Rails application along with the ActionCable web socket feature to Heroku.
- Build a Rails 5 application that utilizes multiple layouts.
- Build jQuery and CoffeeScript components that can be utilized by the Rails application.
This ruby on rails course includes a Deep Dive at the end of each section. These guides select the most challenging topics of each section and give a detailed walk through of the concept so that you can completely understand how to work with the key features of the Rails framework.
Learn how to program in the Ruby programming language, starting from scratch and moving to advanced coding techniques.
With this ruby on rails course, you will:
- Build programs in the Ruby programming language
- Know how to work with the Ruby syntax
- Create custom algorithms
- Work with loops and iterators
- Learn object oriented programming
- Work with OOP inheritance
- Start building real life programs in Ruby
The key topics that you will learn in this ruby on rails course are object oriented programming, built in Ruby methods, core programming skills, custom algorithm development, big data analysis, metaprogramming, using Ruby Gem libraries, regular expressions, and Ruby programming best practices.
Ruby on Rails - Imagine, design, build web apps and bring your dreams to life with Rails 5
With this ruby on rails course, you will be able to:
- Build web apps using Ruby on Rails
- Build automated test suites for complex web applications
- Become a confident web application developer
- Compete for the highest paying junior developer jobs
- Be proficient in back-end development
- Start your own business by bringing your ideas to life
This ruby on rails course provides a very structured approach of teaching Rails and how to use Rails to implement ideas. It teaches the techniques to make the code work for the student. There will be video lectures, text follow-up lectures after each video lecture, homework, challenge projects and monthly code challenges. There will be references to free resources available on the internet to supplement the course materials.
Learn Ruby Programming the fast and easy way!
This ruby on rails course provides you with:
- Hours of video lectures detailing the ten steps to becoming an awesome Rubyist
- Free eBook The Little Book of Ruby and exclusive discount for The (Big) Book of Ruby
- Downloadable source codes and sample test files to complement lectures
- 5 extra videos detailing Ruby on Rails, Symbols, Recursion, and other challenges
- Interactive quizzes to let you test your understanding of the topics covered
This ruby on rails course takes a hands-on approach and focuses on helping you learn Ruby so that you'reproductive on day one. Ruby is an incredibly powerful and highly scalable object-oriented language. Leading technology companies & startups around the world use Ruby or the Ruby on Rails framework to power their websites & web applications. They include amazon, twitter, electronic arts, yahoo, New York times, and 37 signals.
A complete guide to master Ruby and Rails framework
- By the end of this ruby on rails course you will be able to create websites and web solutions using Ruby on rails
- You will be able to work on Ruby on Rails project in your company or as freelancer
- You will be able to understand the concepts underlying this powerful web framework
- You will be able to master the Ruby programming language
This ruby on rails course teaches you the amazing and powerful technology of Ruby on Rails. This technology forms the backend of amazing new Websites and Web apps. Once mastered you will be able to create systems and sites similar to ones using them. Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon and Yellowpages.
Learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails 5 - the perfect starter course
With this ruby on rails course, you will be able to:
- Build basic Rails applications
- Learn MVC structure and put it to action
- Take the first step towards becoming a Rails developer
- Learn basics of Ruby programming language
This ruby on rails course provides a structured introduction to programming, with varied data structures as simple mini projects as developed moving on to Rails where a Todo web app project is developed. It utilizes video and text lectures, homework and exercises. There will also be references to free resources available on the internet to supplement the course materials.
Master Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, APIs, and other web technologies by building Etsy, Yelp, and Craigslist from scratch.
With this ruby on rails course, you will learn about:
- Prototype any MVP for a web app
- Install and setup Ruby on Rails
- Create new web applications in Ruby on Rails and launch it live on the web
- Scrape data from any website and store it in a database
- Write Ruby scripts to automate tasks
- Parse, clean, and analyze data
- Read technical documentation including Ruby gems and web tools
- Master Github and Heroku
- Learn to work and code in the command line
- Add Google Maps integration with API
- Work within the Rails console to manipulate data
- Add online payments and bank transfers using the Stripe API
- Host images with Amazon S3 or Dropbox and embed images on any site
- Implement multiple types of user accounts and login
In this ruby on rails course, you’ll learn by building working applications. You understand the big picture concepts before filling in the details. You learn to build apps the way developers do.
This ruby on rails course is designed to give you everything you need to start developing software in Ruby quickly.
You will learn about all of the key features of the language:
This ruby on rails is designed to give you everything you need to start developing software in Ruby quickly. You will find out about some of the standard types included in Ruby, such as strings, arrays, hashes and regular expressions. You will also get an introduction to tools and techniques you need to write real world software, including testing, debugging and packaging your code.
This ruby on rails course will show you how to build a Ruby gem.
Starting with Ruby fundamentals and finishing with application design, this course will show you how to create and use Ruby gems to build great applications.
A Ruby gem is the cornerstone of application development in Ruby. Whether you're writing a simple Ruby script or a complicated application, you will use Ruby gems. This course will cover everything you need to know to understand, build, and design your own Ruby gems.
Aspiring users who want to master Ruby Programming Language can enhance their programming language skills with our Ruby fundamentals course from scratch.
This ruby on rails course would find its value with people, who have directly jumped into the Rails framework and feel Rails to be magical and does too many things under the hood. Most of the magic to Rails framework comes from the elegant Ruby syntax and the meta programming constructs of Ruby.
If Ruby is your first programming language, you might find the going just a bit too fast. If you have exposure to any other programming language even at a basic level, you should find the going smooth and easy.
Learn web programming and build projects with Ruby on Rails tutorial from scratch
In this ruby on rails course, you will learn about:
- A detailed introduction to Ruby on Rails
- Exploring the cloud development environment
- Building your very first web page
- Understanding version control with Git
- Setting up BitBucket
- How to host your app with Heroku
- How to integrate Bootstrap, Nav Bar, Partials, Jumbotron and Buttons
- How to modify views
- Store images using Amazon S3
- How to make your site mobile ready
This ruby on rails course uses a combined theory and practical approach, where you would learn theory and also be able to use it in a hands-on project. You will actually build a complete Pinterest clone, that will show you how to actually add picture, tags and even build a complete interface in Ruby on Rails.