The best online courses & Tutorials to Learn Product Management for beginners to advanced level
Disclosure: Coursesity is supported by the learners community. We may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase via links on Coursesity
As a product manager, you and your team will always have more ideas and more requests than you can possibly manage. Making matters still more complicated, part of your job is to develop and then ‘sell’ a particular view of what should happen with your product to diverse stakeholders (engineering, marketing, etc.).
How do you do it? Success requires an actionable, testable focus. The successful product manager identifies vivid, testable customer outcomes and creates focus around them. These courses will show you how to interface effectively with all your stakeholders to create that actionable focus.
Top Product Management Courses, Tutorials List
- Software Product Management Specialization
- Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals
- Brand and Product Management
- Become a Product Manager (Learn the Skills & Get the Job)
- The Complete Product Management Course
- Product Management 101
- Master the Product Manager Interview - The Complete Guide
- Advanced Product Management: Vision, Strategy & Metrics
- Product Management A-Z: Excel as a PM & Build great Products
- Product Management: Career Preparation for Success
- How to Build Habit-Forming Products
Create Better Software using Agile Practices. Master Agile development and effective interactions to drive the making of great software products
⭐ : 4.5/5 ( 3,568 ratings)
In this course, you will:
- Master Agile software development practices.
- Confidently interact with clients and manage a team of developers.
- Practice and apply management techniques to industry-inspired scenarios.
- Share your experiences and learn from the insights of others as part of a software product management community.
This course highlights the importance and role of software product management. It also provides an overview of the specialization, as well as its goals, structure, and expectations.The course explains the value of process, requirements, planning, and monitoring in producing better software.
This course delves into a variety of processes to structure software development. It also covers the foundations of core Agile practices, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum. This also covers practical techniques to elicit and express software requirements from client interactions.
You can take Software Product Management Specialization on Coursera. The Software Product Management Specialization is offered by University of Alberta.
Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it.
⭐ : 4.7/5 ( 658 ratings)
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product
- Focus your work using modern product management methods
- Manage new products and explore new product ideas
- Manage and amplify existing products
This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product, focus your work using modern product management methods, manage new products and explore new product ideas, and amplify existing products.
This course will also show you how to analyze growth, engagement and monetization using qualitative and quantitative methods. You’ll finish the week with an understanding of which methods to apply when and hear from practitioners who are using these methods to make breakthrough products.
You can take Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals on Coursera. The Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals is offered by University of Virginia.
Identify the critical information needed to develop a product and brand strategy that generates both quick-wins and long-term value.
⭐ : 4.6/5 ( 926 ratings)
With this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the product strategy concepts.
- Develop the factual support to define your product strategy.
- Describe the different elements of a brand strategy. Formulate a winning brand strategy.
- Define how to name your brand. Explain how to develop a system to incorporate future products and brands.
- Map your brand portfolio to maximize its value to support growth.
- Define and describe the customer experience journey for your brand.
- Explain and apply the process to “embed” a brand internally within the organization.
This course will bring you in a position to create an activity plan to bring your brand strategy to life - both externally towards consumers and internally to employees. You will be able to define the right metrics for determining success in the implementation of your product and brand strategy, considering any adjustments that may need to be made.
You can take Brand and Product Management on Coursera. The Brand and Product Management is offered by ie Business School.
The most complete course available on Product Management. 13+ hours of videos, activities, interviews, & more
⭐ : 4.5/5 ( 13,737 ratings)
With this course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the varying role of a Product Manager through different types and sizes of companies
- Understand the Product Lifecycle and how it applies to every product
- Understand the modern Product Development Process that both Fortune 500s and Startups adhere to
- Know how to identify ideas worth pursuing and dedicating resources to
- Understand how to get at the root of customer pain points
- Understand and communicate customer pain by type and frequency
- Assess the core problem of a product
- Find and compare competitors and competing products
- Differentiate between Direct, Indirect, Substitute, and Potential competitors
- Understand the process of Customer Development and how it relates to being a Product Manager
- How to find potential interviewees for product interviews, user tests, and exploratory interviews
- Build user personas based on both qualitative and quantitative data
- Understand the difference between a wireframe, a mockup, and a prototype
- Use a sketch system called POP for digitizing product sketches
- Run a variety of MVP experiments, such as pitch experiments, redirects, shadow buttons, and more
- Learn software development concepts like APIs, mobile development, Front End, Back End, MySQL, programming frameworks, and more
In this course, you'll learn the skills that make up the entire Product Management job and process from ideation to market research, to UX wireframing to prototyping, technology, metrics, and finally to building the product with user stories, project management, scoping, and leadership.
You can take Become a Product Manager | Learn the Skills & Get the Job on Udemy.
Learn the skills, tools, and processes needed to become an irreplaceable PM. Examples from NASA, Google, Zappos, Apple
⭐ : 4.3/5 ( 2,233 ratings)
With this course, you will:
- Learn core skills that make up the entire Product Management process. From ideation to market research to wireframing to prototyping to user stories to leadership.
- Become an Agile Product Owner and learn how to use industry-standard tools like Pivotal Tracker, Axure, and Popplet
- Discover the secret method behind how Apple creates laser-focused products
- Build your product portfolio with 10 step-by-step exercises that will take your product idea from concept to spec
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at case studies like the NASA app (over 10 million downloads) and Getaround ($0 to $200 million valuation in 5 years)
- Analyze the market landscape, discover weaknesses in your competitors, spots trends that will hyper-grow your product
- Quickly test and validate your product idea over a weekend
- Effectively lead developers / designers and manage stakeholders
- Hack the Product Management interview process and stand out from the competition
In addition to mastering the core skills, you'll actively apply it by learning popular Product Management tools like Workflowy, Axure, Pivotal Tracker. You will get a chance to build out one of your own product ideas through 10 step-by-step exercises complete with working files and sample templates. Moreover, you'll have a product spec with a feature backlog, wireframes, and an interactive prototype.
You can take The Complete Product Management Course on Udemy.
Learn to become a more strategic product manager - and have a greater impact on your company and your products.
⭐ : 4.4/5 ( 1,888 ratings)
With this course, you will:
- Learn to become a more strategic product manager, with a much greater impact on your company and its products.
- Learn the best practices for the work of product management - spanning market intelligence, strategy, new product development and lifecycle management.
This course will cover the spectrum of product management work from market intelligence, strategy, new product development and lifecycle management. You will step through best practices for working with development teams to create market-leading, breakthrough products. You will get to look at how to best position, price and manage these products in the market as part of the section on lifecycle management (i.e. product marketing).
You can take Product Management 101 on Udemy.
Learn the secrets to giving perfect answers at a product management interview, get noticed, and land multiple job offers
⭐ : 4.3/5 ( 1,073 ratings)
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Deliver perfect answers to common product manager interview questions
- Create an online product portfolio to market yourself
- Learn the 3 perfect ingredients to a perfect answer to an instructional question
- Learn the 5 steps to giving a perfect answer to a product vision question
- Research a company's product using SWOT analysis
- Research a company's product using a feature table
- Give the perfect answer to behavioral questions
- Use the SAR framework
This course will teach you how to answer instructional questions, product vision questions, behavioral question, estimation questions. You’ll also learn everything you need to know beyond the interview. You’ll learn the secrets to finding Product Manager jobs and how to upgrade your resume so it stands out from the pack, you’ll learn how to optimize your online profile and learn how to prepare on the day of the interview and what to do after the interview.
You can take Master the Product Manager Interview - The Complete Guide on Udemy.
Learn the skills Product Managers use every day. Vision, strategy, & advanced metrics for Product Managers
⭐ : 4.4/5 ( 332 ratings)
With this course, you will learn:
- The difference between vision and strategy
- How famous leaders use vision to succeed
- How to use a vision framework for your company and product
- How to use OKRs to track progress
- How product development hierarchies work
- How to understand agile roadmapping
- How to tie your metrics to your overall business strategy
- When to use data and when t use intuition
- How to debug metrics with origin source sorting
- How to recognize cohort anomalies
- How to design a cohort analysis
- How to design and run a t-test on cohort data
- The difference between a leading and lagging metric
- How metrics differ in multiple industries, including e-commerce, mobile, & marketplaces
In this course, you'll learn all of the advanced skills and techniques that successful product managers use in their day-to-day working lives. From how to implement vision and strategy to getting a better understanding of how to use data, these lectures are designed for for founders, CEOs and, of course, product managers. With real world examples demonstrating exactly how to execute each approach, you'll find out exactly what to do (and what not to do) to build your company up to the level it deserves.
The first section of this course will take you through two hugely important elements of product management: vision and strategy. The second section goes into a lot more detail on metrics. There's also a deep dive into three different industries to demonstrate how metrics can change depending on the product that you're working on.
You can take Advanced Product Management: Vision, Strategy & Metrics on Udemy.
Product Management course (with Live Case Exercises & inputs from PMs @Top Tech cos.)- Build n Grow products & Get Hired
⭐ : 4.3/5 ( 77 ratings)
In this course, you will:
- Understand what is Product Management, the role & responsibilities of a Product manager.
- Understand how to come up with product idea & validate the idea.
- Conduct user research and structure findings into product insights - personas & journey mappings
- Define an MVP, develop experiments & prototyping technique to validate your hypothesis.
- Understand principles behind designing a great product, create wireframes & mockups.
- Develop roadmap, understand Agile methodologies & manage product development cycle.
- Create specs & user stories for product developments.
- Conducting design sprints & usability testing
- Understand metrics frameworks and what metrics to track.
- Develop growth model & understand how to grow your product.
- Understand technology & software Dev terminologies
- How to prepare for product management interview - resources, sample question & answers
The course is built with inputs from product managers working at top tech firms (Google, Adobe, Amazon and many more). You'll learn about the entire skillsets, tools and processes used in building and managing great products. This course also contains practical case studies, 35 Live Case Hand-on Exercises & Quizzes.
This course covers the topics from ideation to market research, to validating your ideas and developing UX & designing wireframes and mockups and finally writing user stories, managing development processes and growing your product.
You can take Product Management A-Z: Excel as a PM & Build great Products on Udemy.
How to get & prepare for your first job as a Product Manager. The beginner's manual ideal for aspiring product managers.
⭐ : 4.3/5 ( 199 ratings)
With this course, you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the product manager role so you can evaluate if it's the right career for you.
- Know how to position yourself as the ideal candidate for an entry level product management job so that you can land job interviews.
- Learn the most important product management interview questions and hear actual product managers answer some of the questions so that you can be prepared for interviews.
- Know the lingo, product management process, and how to work with others as a product manager so you're prepared for the first day on the job.
You can take Product Management: Career Preparation for Success on Udemy.
Learn how to design experiences users love. Uncover the secrets of businesses able to keep users coming back.
⭐ : 4.3/5 ( 786 ratings)
In this course, you will:
- Learn the common design patterns of habit-forming products.
- Understand the stages of habit formation and how to optimize for user retention.
- Have in-depth look at the psychology behind what drives user behavior and how to build products to cater to core human needs.
- Learn practical steps for leading a design process to ensure your product is used regularly.
This course shares a framework for designing habit-forming products called "the Hook Model." The framework gives entrepreneurs and product designers a new way for thinking of the necessary components of influencing user behavior. You will learn the tactics companies like Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter use to drive repeat engagement.
You can take How to Build Habit-Forming Products on Udemy.
Hey! If you have made it this far then certainly you are willing to learn more and here at Coursesity, it is our duty to enlighten people with knowledge on topics they are willing to learn. Here are some more topics that we think will be interesting for you!