The Best Julia online courses and tutorials for beginner to learn Julia.
A good performance, dynamic nature and simple implementation is what defines Julia, a high-level programming level, precisely. When it comes to scientific or numerical computing along with flexibility and dynamic nature, there's no better option than Julia.
Now, the question which may arise in your mind would be "why learn Julia?", well we have an answer, convincing enough for you! Julia has a wide array of advantages and characteristics which make it a good choice for the programmers. The main features include Julia's expertise at technical computing, easy-to-understand & dynamic nature and ambient support for other programming languages. It also solves the two-language problem, i.e, you need not design the prototype of the system first in a static language and then implement it in a dynamic language. You can directly build the system using the dynamic functionalities Julia caters us with.
Top Julia Courses, Tutorials, Certifications List
- Coding for non-programmers in Julia
- Julia Scientific Programming
- Getting Started With Julia
- Learning Julia
- Julia Programming For Data Science : Hands-on Julia
Learn practical programming quickly with this course specially designed for beginners and non-coders to get proficient in Julia.
Course Rating : 4.3 out of 5.0 (50 ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn a powerful programming language taught in MIT and Stanford.
- Internalize practical programming techniques and habits. This will help you become a good programmer and problem-solver, aiding you to learn other languages.
- By the end of this course, you will have the basics of Julia and be capable and confident to continue learning programming on your own.
Everything in this course, from the way of presentation of concepts in the lectures to make them easy to absorb; and the tricky questions in the quizzes that reveal your weakness in the content so you can work on it further; to the intellectual exchange fostered in the lecture discussions; everything is exquisitely crafted to maximize your learning potential.
You can take (NEW) Coding for non-programmers in Julia Certificate Course on Udemy .
Learn Julia Scientific Programming from University of Cape Town. This four-module course introduces users to Julia as a first language. Julia is a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language developed specifically for scientific computations.
Course Ratings: 4.5 out of 5.0 (204 ratings total)
In this course:
- You will always have it available throughout your working life. It can also be used from the command line, program files or a new type of interface known as a Jupyter notebook (which is freely available as a service from JuliaBox.com).
- You will be able to access all the available processors and memory, scrape data from anywhere on the web, and have it always accessible through any device you care to use as long as it has a browser.
By the end of the course you will be able to: -
- Write your own simple Julia programs from scratch and understand the advantages and capacities of Julia as a computing language & work in Jupyter notebooks using the Julia language.
- Use various Julia packages such as Plots, DataFrames and Stats.
- Taking real data, you will be explained how to work in Julia using arrays, and for loops to work with the structures.
- You will be able to: create an array from data; learn to use the logical structures IF and FOR ; conduct basic array slicing, getting the incidence data and generating total number of cases; use Plots to generate graphs and plot data; and combine the Ebola data outputs to show a plot of disease incidence in several countries.
- Demonstrate how it is possible to use Julia in the notebook environment to interpret a model and its fit to the data from the Ebola outbreak.
- You will be able to: understand the SIR models; describe the basic parameters of an SIR model; plot the model-predicted curve and the data on the same diagram; adjust the parameters of the model so the model-predicted curve is close (or rather as close as you can make it) to the data.
- You will use descriptive statistics as the topic to explore the power of Julia. You will also be introduced to more efficient ways of managing and visualizing your data.
This course will equip you with the abilities to practice basic functions in Julia , creating random variables from data point values, build your own dataframes, create a variety of data visualizations, conduct statistical tests , learn how to export your data.
You can take Julia Scientific Programming Certificate Course on Coursera .
Learn the new language Julia for high performance technical computing.
Course Rating : 4.2 out of 5.0 (66 ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Get introduced to the language and the main concepts: control structures, data types and how to do input and output..
- Be explained how to adapt object oriented thinking to Julia and get you into a more functional way of thinking about programming challenges..
- Cover many of the amazing ways Julia can increase both developer productivity through parametrized types, macros, code generation and utilizing existing libraries in other languages. Also learn how to write high performance Julia code.
This course will not only introduce the language, but also explain how to think differently about problems with the Julia approach.
You can take Getting Started With Julia Certificate Course on Udemy .
Learn the basics of Julia, a popular programming language that combines the power and flexibility of Python with the speed of C.
Course Ratings : 1695 total enrollments
Julia is an increasingly popular programming language that combines the power and flexibility of Python with the speed of C—making it an attractive option in fields like data science and financial modeling.
In this course, you will be introduced to the Julia programming language, covering its syntax, basic concepts, and features. We begin by going over the language's feature set, explaining how it differs from other languages. Next, we goes over data types, numbers, and strings in Julia; language features such as data type casting; and control and data structures.
At the end of the course, you'll be ready to install and run Julia and write code using the language's features.
You can take Learning Julia Certificate Course on Linkedin .
Learn power of Julia high performance programming for Data Science and Machine Learning that is comparable to fast languages like C.
Course Ratings : 4.4 out of 5.0 (2 ratings total)
In this course, you will learn:
- Julia programming constructs.
- Julia installation with jupyter notebook.
- Julia basics variable numbers and string.
- Julia collection array, dictionary and tuples.
- Julia package management.
- Learn to process vector and matrix in julia.
- Julia Dataframes package equivalent to pandas in Python.
- Draw plot with plots module in julia.
If you want to learn next generation fast scientific computing language which is easy to work with, then Julia is the right solution for you and you have opted for the right set of resource reference to learn Julia from.
This course mainly focus on data science aspect of Julia.
Topics you are going to cover in this course are as follows:
- Introduction to Julia and installation
- Julia basics number variable send string
- Julia collections, dictionary, sets and tuples.
- Julia package management system and creating function in Julia
- Vector and matrix related operation in Julia
- Linear algebra with Julia
- Data frame package
- And plotting with plots package in Julia
You can take Julia Programming For Data Science : Hands-on Julia Certificate Course on Udemy .
Thus, in a nutshell we can say that Julia in indeed a dynamic, high-performance, efficient and good-to-go language for the developers of the new age. With a number of added advantages and difficult-to-ignore features, Julia is a good choice if you are looking forward to dynamic mathematical, scientific or statistical calculations.
Hence, the above provided list is a must if you are planning to venture into the dynamic yet simple programming world of Julia.