The best copywriting online courses for professional writers and beginners in 2020.
Disclosure: Coursesity is supported by the learners community. We may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase via links on Coursesity.
For selling products and services online, a persuasive sales copy is required. And since more and more companies are starting to sell goods online, demand for qualified copywriters is rising.
Are you fond of writing and consider copywriting as a new career path? It’s time for you to enroll in the copywriting course and take the first step to getting a new job.
Here are four reasons to complete copywriting courses:
- Become a freelancer and start working from home. Work flexible hours to spend more time with your friends and family.
- Fight the monotony. Work on new challenging projects every day.
- Unlock your potential and build a successful career in a creative field.
- Enjoy your work. Choose the projects that appeal personally to you.
Instructor: Rob Percival and Tamsin Henderson
This is one of the most popular copywriting courses on Udemy that has more than 25,500 enrollees. It teaches not only how to write a sales copy, but also how to write emails, press releases, and create other textual content.
This course will be helpful for those writers who want to conquer “blank page anxiety” and also gain some knowledge in sales psychology. The course includes 3 hours of on-demand video dedicated to such topics:
- The importance of creating a meaningful persona
- The ideas on how to flip the product’s advantages into customer’s benefits
- The use of emotions in writing copies
- Copywriting formulas PAS and AIDA
- The science behind writing compelling headlines and call to actions
This course also includes a series of four so-called pocket guides on writing winning case studies, press releases, web copies, and emails.
Udemy Rating: 4.6
Instructor: Lex DeVille
This course was designed for writers who know little or nothing about freelance copywriting. The basic idea of the course is to explain to learners how they can start writing killer sales copies and make money fast.
Key elements of this course include:
- Basic concepts of copywriting. The principal differences between freelance copywriting and traditional copywriting
- Ways to get to know the audience and to “dive into” someone’s reality
- Persuasive tactics. Tips on how to tell the right story to engage the audience and how to make yourself and others look credible
- Methods for writing catchy headlines, sub-headings, and call to actions
- Practical tips on how to start creating great copies right here and right now. Explanation of AIDA and PAS copywriting structures
- All you need to know about client management: where to find clients, how to smooth communication, how to deliver drafts
Udemy Rating: 4.6
Instructor: Mirka Pohjanrinne
This copywriting course will be useful for both: newbies in copywriting and those who want to sharpen up their copywriting skills. The course is short yet information-dense. It walks learners through the four key elements of writing persuasive sales copy:
- Copywriting brief –why it’s necessary and how to write one
- Features of the product – how to turn them into benefits and win the attention of the target audience
- Power of well-written headline – how to choose the right words to grab the readers’ attention
- Irresistible call to actions – how to come up with catchy phrases that force customers to take the desired action
The course consists of 14 short videos: 5 lectures, 5 “worksheets”, and additional materials. In the “worksheets”, author of the course use detailed practical examples to show learners how to apply gained theoretical knowledge.
Udemy Rating: 4.5
Instructor: Ian Lurie
This course will provide you with insights on copywriting that generates leads and sparks sales. Also, it will get you acquainted with everything you need to know about writing the first draft, testing headlines, and using typography.
The course discusses the following topics:
- Creating the plan from scratch
- Handy tools for creating effective marketing copies
- Work on the first draft
- Structuring marketing copies for print and the web
- Rewriting existing copies for a webpage, product description, and social media
- Managing a copywriting team
- Defining the brand voice
- Creating an editorial calendar
“This course will be useful not only for copywriters but also for business owners and managers. The course helps to understand how marketing copies work and how they can benefit companies in general,” says Nora Mallory, a head of copywriting at TrustMyPaper.
It’s a top-rated course that has been viewed by almost 64,000 viewers and liked by 4,700 LinkedIn members.
Instructor: Jesse Forrest
From this course, students can learn how to cut through the noise online, stand out from the competition, and communicate the message to the target audience. In this 60-minute class, divided into 16 thematic video lessons, you can learn the following:
- Fundamentals of writing for the web. Basic rules of writing landing pages, emails, web pages descriptions, and more
- The key differences between content writing and copywriting
- The art of writing headlines. Three templates that you can use for different types of content
- The guidelines on how to use the 8-point research questionnaire to discover the deepest desires and fears of the target audience
- Tips on how to start speaking your readers’ language
- Three methods on how to overcome writer’s block and create remarkable copies every day all year long
This course has a Staff Picks badge. It means SkillShare highlights this course as one of the best ones. The students’ satisfaction level is 98%.
Copywriting courses will open new job opportunities for you:
When you complete a copywriting course, you can start looking for your first project. Fortunately, it’s not that difficult for talented writers to attract clients.
Demand for copywriting services is rather high, so copywriting jobs are available almost at every freelance platform and writing service. Here are a few websites to start your job search from:
- Fiverr – It’s an international freelance platform where you can sell your copywriting services. To attract clients, you need to create a catchy profile and price your work adequately.
- BestEssayEducation – If you like to write on education-related and scientific topics, check out this website. No matter whether you are a newbie or expert in copywriting, here you can land a highly-paid job.
- Freelancer – It’s a freelance platform where you can browse various projects and bid for the projects you like. Competition among freelancers on this site is rather high, so you need to bid low to start contact with your very first client.
- GrabMyEssay – It’s another great writing website where you can find a job. If you are a talented copywriter, you will be paid very well.
Once you get enough experience, you can open your own copywriting agency and take your business to the next level. Your future success depends only on your dedication and writing talent.
Hey! If you have made it this far then certainly you are willing to learn more and here at Coursesity, it is our duty to enlighten people with knowledge on topics they are willing to learn. Here are some more topics that we think will be interesting for you!